Silver Jewelry Care
Posted on June 10 2017
Simple Ways to Keep Your Silver Jewelry Sparkling
Silver is one of the most popular materials for jewelry because of its luster, its brilliance, and its versatility. Also it is easy to go with many colours and always look fashionable.
Many of us find ourselves neglecting all our beautiful silver jewelry in our jewelry boxes because it tarnish. Actually if 925 silver jewelry are in good quality and finished with Rodium, it will reduce tarnish. There are also simple ways to keep your silver jewelry look new.
Tips for care and cleaning silver jewelry:
- Keep Silver Jewelry away from natural sunlight and heat.
- Don’t contact with household chemicals, perspiration, rubber, chlorinated water, or any substances which contain sulfur (e.g., mayonnaise, eggs, mustard, onions, latex, wool)
- Take off your silver jewelry before you go swimming and sunbathing.
- Get dressed with jewelry last to avoid contacting with lotions, cosmetics, hair spray and hair products, and perfumes.
- Store it in a protective (lined) jeweler box or a tarnish-resistant pouch.
- Wear silver jewelry on a regular basis, tarnish usually does not occur.Use a piece of silver polish cloth, which is ideal to clean tarnish and keep the silver sparkling as they are.
- 7. Don’t wait until tarnish has become so bad that you forget about your silver treasures or even get rid of them.